Our first Thanksgiving as a married couple went very well. I attended the Thanksgiving Breakfast at church for the first time. We are usually out of town for the holiday so I've never had the chance to go before. Jason's family and mine were both at the breakfast so we all sat together at one BIG table. It was nice to have both of our families there together. After that we had Thanksgiving dinner (or lunch, really) with Jason's family at his parent's house. Then Jason went to camp outside of Best Buy while I went to the movies with his sister.
I FINALLY got to see Twilight. It was well worth the wait. I think they did a great job of portraying the characters and sticking to the book as much as possible. I will definitely be buying it when it comes out on DVD and can't wait for the second one.
After the movie I went to do Thanksgiving dinner with my family at my parent's house. As soon as the eating was done, I went over to spend some time with Jason outside of the Best Buy. It was COLD! We stayed outside together last year for the entire night, which was fun, but I'm not in a big hurry to do it again. My mom, two sisters, and brother-in-law then came to pick me up and we headed out to the mall which opened at midnight. Spent some time there and then took off to another mall where one of the stores was passing out a giftcard to the first 250 people in line. We were about four people back in the line, so that was cool. As soon as we got those gift cards at FIVE AM we then ran over to the mall customer service where the first 500 people got mall gift cards and other goodies. We were in the 490's in that line so we got our cards by the skin of our teeth. Talk about good luck!
After that we went over to another store where I was able to buy a fabulous, tiny new laptop for under $400. AWESOME!! I love my new computer. I can almost fit it in my purse! Then it was over to Chik-fil-A for some breakfast before finally getting home around 8:00 am. I crashed on the couch for a few hours and then I had to go into work.
Working retail at this time of the year is HORRIBLE. I had to work Friday and Saturday. The store was a mad house! We were pretty much slammed all day. We were short staffed and over worked, so that made for some VERY interesting moments. Thankfully though we made it through. We'll be busy for the rest of the Christmas season, but hopefully it won't get that bad again.
On Sunday was my little niece's dedication at church. We all had to sit in the front of the church (not fun), but little Ali looked too cute in her white christening gown. After church we had a lunch for the whole family. That was pretty fun too. Good food + family = good!!
Jason went with his parent's to Illinois on Friday evening and spent the weekend up there visiting family. I couldn't go because I had to work. Let me tell you, I sure did miss my husband. That was the first time we had been apart since we got married six months ago. I'm not in any hurry to do that again.
Okay, WHEW!! I think that's everything. Talk about a busy weekend. I'm still exhausted from all the hustle and bustle. Of course, I am going back to brave the mall again this evening with my Mom and sister. Hey, we have gift cards to spend!!!
A Cancer Update
3 years ago
1 comment:
I love reading you blog, your Thanksgiving sounded busy and fun. Mine was very quiet for the first time since you were a little girl.I really missed you guys but I told your Mom it was time for you all to start new traditions, Sounds like the first one was great. I am so proud of all you girls. I hope to come see you soon after the first of the year. Give my love to Jason. I love and miss you. Love, Nana
Post a Comment