Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Okay, so this post is a little late, but I've been out of town for the last week. So, here it is:

Our first Christmas as a married couple was wonderful! We did the annual Christmas eve party at Doc and Jo's house and then went to my parent's house where my immediate family all gathered to do our gift exchanging. It was great to have the whole family together at one time. That doesn't happen often. Christmas morning Jason and I exchanged gifts with each other before going to his parent's house for more gift opening and then to my parent's house again for Christmas breakfast. We had Christmas dinner with Jason's parents and then the four of us went to see Four Christmases. (Great movie, by the way!)

For New Year's Eve we went to a party that some friend's of ours had. It was pretty low key, but fun. Then the next day we left for the annual Ski Trip to Snowshoe, West Virginia. We had a lot of fun skiing and hanging out with everybody. It was definitely a much needed vacation.

Now that the holidays and vacations are over, it's time to get back into the swing of things. I'm back to my on-campus job today and then classes begin tomorrow. I'm so excited to get my last semester of college underway. It's hard to believe that it's already here.

Oh yes, before I forget ... here are my New Year's Resolutions for this 2009:

1. Blog more. I'm going to try to update this page more often and maybe even start another blog for crafting/creative stuff. Which brings me to...

2. Find more time for crafting/being creative. I am taking a sewing class starting next week and I have several projects that I've been meaning to find time for.

3. Pay off debt and get finances in order so that Jason and I can possibly buy a house at the end of the year of the beginning of next year.

Those are the three big ones. Of course, there are a bunch of other things that I want to improve this year, but I thinks it's best to focus on a few things at a time. :)

No comments: