Monday, June 16, 2008

Thank You Notes

The one downside to getting married is all the stinkin thank you notes that you have to write. I feel like I have been working on them forever and I'm only half way through. Don't get me wrong. I am very thankful for all the gifts that we received and I know that it's the least I can do to send those people a little note. Still, I absoloutely DREAD writing them. I keep putting them off and putting them off...

In other news, the newlyweds finally have their own furniture! Our dining room no longer sits empty and the Christmas colored couch and love seat have made their way back to my parents house. We found a fabulous microfiber sectional for the living room. It took a lot of pushing and shoving (and removing all the doors and hardware) to get it into the room, but it made it eventually. I'm totally in love with this couch. Jason and I can both strech out on it to watch t.v. and there's still plenty of room. The dining room is now home to a beautiful counter-height dining table with eight chairs.

The new furniture has given me the decorating bug. I feel like the house is finally starting to come together and I want to make every single room look great. It's hard with such a tiny budget and I know we won't be able to afford any more new furniture for a little while. Still, I'm trying to be creative and add little touches here and there. It's very exciting to have my own place for once. I don't have to worry about parents or roommates. There's just Jason and he's been pretty good about letting me do what I want with the place. Well, I guess I'm gonna go and search some more decorating sights.

No comments: