Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Being Crafty

I may not be doing a good job of keeping my resolution to post more often, but I have been much better about keeping the one about being more crafty. A few weeks ago I bought my very first sewing machine.



This is what it looks like. Nothing fancy, but it does its job and is easy to learn on. Jen and I are taking a sewing class once a week and so far we are loving it. We spent the first few weeks learning the basics and making pillows. Here is my first ever project that I made on my new machine:


Again, nothing too fancy. At least I kind of know what I'm doing now. As soon as I get the time, I'm going to use what I learned from here and make a better one. :) Next week we will begin making our very own taxi tote. I'll keep you posted on how that goes.

No comments: